This is a little belated, but I am participating in the #TomeTopple, created by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes! This readathon runs from June 5th to June 19th, and is all about reading big books (those with 500+ pages).
This readathon has a few reading challenges you may wish to complete:
- Read more than one tome (500+ pages)
- Take a graphic novel break (doesn't need to be over 500 pages)
- Read a tome that is part of a series
- Read over 500 pages in one week
- Read an adult novel
One of my reading goals for the year is to read some large books. Especially when I'm at university, I'm bogged down with readings for class and have very little time to read for pleasure, if at all. Because of this, I tend to read shorter books. The big books are a little daunting. So this readathon is perfect for ticking some of those unread books off my list. I do have a couple of books that aren't considered tomes, but I need to finish them for a uni assessment during the readathon.
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (531 pages)
- Fullmetal Alchemist Vol. 1-3 by Hiromu Arakawa (576 pages)
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (659 pages)
- A Clash of Kings (761 pages)
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margeret Atwood (324 pages)
- The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wood (352 pages)
It's a fairly ambitious list, I'll admit, but a couple of the tomes shouldn't take too long to read. Fullmetal Alchemist is a graphic novel and Gemina is... an interesting book. Since it plays with form and isn't set out like your typical novel, it's a surprisingly fast read for it's size.
I wish you all the best of luck with your reading over the next 2 weeks! Happy reading :)